Have you ever noticed when you talk to someone about your last vacation you develop the desire to return to that destination? That’s the way I felt when Travel & Leisure invited us to participate as a panelist on a Twitter travel chat focused on Disney travel.
Since a trip to Disney isn’t in my family’s near future, I thought the next best thing was to scratch my Disney itch with a few Disney themed craft ideas, 51 of them to be exact.
Disney Crafts for Kids
From Disney painting ideas to Mickey Mouse and Beauty and the Beast crafts, you’ll find something here that will fit YOUR child! Enjoy!
For step by step instructions for each of these fun Disney craft ideas, simply click the link! We will also include a few extras at the bottom to provide you with even more inspiration for crafts with your favorite Disney characters.
- Mickey Mouse Paper Lanterns, The Newlywed Pilgrimage
- Captain Hook Pirate Telescope, Multiple Mummy
- Paper Mickey Mouse Ears Kiddie Craft, Vixen Made
- Mickey Mouse DIY Pinata, At Second Street
- Mickey Mouse Hand Stamped Tote Bag, FtAshion
- Winnie the Pooh Hunny Pot Flower Pots, Domestic Geek Girl
- DIY Disney Map Magnets, Disney Park Blog
- Princess Mirror, Make and Takes
- Captain Hook Hand, Inna’s Creations
- Chocolate Mickey Heads, Crafting in the Rain
- Minnie Mouse Ear Hair Clips, Living Locurto
- Wire Mickey Bookmark, WDW Radio
- Pixie Dust Ornament, Undercover Tourist
- Snow White Popsicle Stick Wishing Well, Dreamland Magic
- (Dumbo) Elephant Face Masks, Big Energy, Little Learners
- Beauty and the Beast Cardboard Tube Candelabra, Disney Family
- Disneyland Activity Countdown Calendar, My Little Gems
- Disney Frozen Princess Crown Tutorial, The Dwelling Tree
- Olav in a Snow Storm in a Bottle, 30 Minute Crafts
- DIY Disney Autograph Book, The Cards We Drew
- Winnie the Pooh Character Paper Hats, Little Birdie Secrets
- Chip and Dale Chipmunk Stilts, Dollar Store Mom
- Disneyland Map Bracelet, The Chilly Dog
- Frozen Olaf Toilet Paper Roll, Sassy Dealz
- Minnie Mouse Table Centerpiece, Kayla Aimee Writes
- Upcycled Mickey T-Shirt, Chichidee Handmade
- Mickey Mouse Oreos, Busy Mom’s Helper
- Disney Park Map Coasters, Happy Clippings
- Mickey Mouse Chalkboard Milk Bottles and Coasters, Living Chic on the Cheap
- Disneyland Fun Fact Lunchbox Notes, Teach Mama
- Mickey Mouse Nail Art, Nails and Threads
- Nemo Paper Plate Fish, Mommy Minutes Blog
- Monorail Disney Countdown, Mouse Ears Mom
- Little Mermaid Jar, Gingersnap Crafts
- Mickey Upcycled Crayons, Rapunzel’s Crafts
- Disney Scavenger Hunt Countdown Calendar, Crafty Steals
- DIY Monsters University Target Game, Mommy Testers
- Pixie Hollow in a Jar, Zakka Life
- Dumbo Elephant Paper Bag Puppet, Crafts for All
- Button Mickey Paper Clips, The Benson Street
- Peanut Shell Seven Dwarfs Playset, Red Ted Art
- Snow White Inspired Princess Ribbon Headband, Grosgrain Fabulous
- Fairy Dust Necklace, Double the Fun Parties
- Cardboard Tube Tigger, Crafts by Amanda
- Duck Bill Mask, Becca Beck
- Finding Nemo Scene, The Gingerbread House
- Frozen Winter Wand, Bonne Nouvelle
- Jack Skellington Cookie Cake, Sweet Nothings in the Kitchen
- Recycled Glove Chip or Dale Chipmunk, Etsy Blog
- Cinderella Gold Coach, Activity Village
- Paint Chip Mickey Ear Necklace, A Creative Princess
DIY Disney Costume
Little ones often have their favorite Disney characters and having the opportunity to dress up as those favorite Disney characters can be the cherry on top of their perfect day of DIY Disney crafts and fun.
Some of the best DIY Disney costumes you can find are Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, Rapunzel, Peter Pan’s Escaped Shadow, Sully, Mike, and Boo, Olaf, and Tweedledee and Tweedledum.
The best part is there are costume ideas for both adults and kids so everyone in the family can join in on the fun with DIY Disney costumes.
DIY Dumbo Face Masks
For smaller kids who may not have as much patience as the older kids, there are also some easy to accomplish Disney crafts they will love.
DIY Dumbo face masks can be made with just a few basic craft supplies – paper plates, some paint or markers and crayons, and a little bit of glue.
Basic Craft Supplies
Here are a few of the more basic craft supplies to have stocked up at home, so you are ready to go when your little one wants to spread their creative wings and dive into Disney World at home:
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils
- Watercolors, tempera paint
- Yarn, fabric scraps, craft felt
- Homemade dough, air dry clay
- Glitter, pom poms, pipe cleaners
- Paper plates, empty toilet paper and paper towel tubes
- White glue and glue sticks
- Tissue paper, construction paper
- Child grip scissors
- Double-sided tape
- Empty cereal boxes
- Paper grocery bags
And here are a few of the not so basic items you might want to have for the older kids who want to get even more creative with some Disney craft ideas:
- Clear contact paper
- Roll it paint
Other household items you might need for future craft projects:
- Aluminum foil
- Wax paper
- Small plastic baggies
- Cotton balls
- Cupcake liners
- Wax paper
Importance of Kid Crafts
Arts and crafts projects are important for children not only because they want to spread their creative wings and spend some time with their favorite Disney characters, but it can also help refine their motor skills and build their self-esteem as well.
If you’re thinking of planning a trip to Disney, you can find our content on both Disneyland and Disney World and for great travel-related craft ideas check out our 51 Travel Crafts.