You have it within you to be ‘that sexy person’ who can walk into any room and stop everyone in their tracks. You are that person who unabashedly oozes sexuality. Are you rolling your eyes?
You see, how to be sexy is easy. It’s the getting over yourself that’s the hard part. Unfortunately for many women, spending time ‘selfishly’ on self is a four-letter word.
So if you’ve taken your sexy-mojo and put it on a dark dusty shelf in the back of your clothes closet, here are five ideas on how you can be sexy. Notice none of them have to do with the way you dress, apply make up or whether you have this season’s shoes.
Now, instead of perusing the list and quickly dismissing it, take a good hard look in the mirror. What else can you add into your life that would take your sexy up a notch?
- Sexy people are fun to be around. They laugh a lot and have tons of positive energy.
- Sexy is your attitude, independence and confidence. Sexy is completely accepting yourself, warts and all. Confidence is derived from being fully self-expressed and not worrying about society’s narrow definition of what is acceptable behavior.
- Sexy is (believe it or not) good posture. Even if you don’t feel confident, fake it ‘til you make it. Shoulders back, stick out the girls and walk with a bit of a strut.
- Sexy is not necessarily having the perfect body. It is being comfortable with what you’ve been given and putting it out there for everyone to see. Yet over 80% of women have issues with their body. Women tend to stand in front of the mirror and zoom in on all their wobbly bits—that is, if they even have the energy to look at their ‘deformed’ body (honestly, it kills me how much women hate their body). Guess what? Reminding yourself a minimum 365 times a year that your body is ugly isn’t going to help you feel good about yourself.
- Sexy is not taking yourself so seriously. Sexy is not trying too hard to impress. Super high-strung, wound-like-a-top people are not sexy because they spend the majority of their day being uptight.
Remember to take time out of your busy day to acknowledge, appreciate and love that sexy part of you. Forever be outrageous and allow your sexy-mojo to run free.