Have you ever noticed how fascinated people are with skeletons? Skeletons are a prime pick for decor during Halloween and when setting up for spooky events and parties.
They’re also often used in scary movies and shows. There are even animated shorts and features featuring them for kids!
Skeletons appeal to people of all ages, whether for scary, comedic, or just downright fun purposes. And why shouldn’t we be fascinated with them? Skeletons make up our bodies, after all!
Did you know that our bodies consist of about 270 bones when born? And that by the time we are adults, that number goes down from roughly 270 to just around 206? If you’re wondering why this happens, it’s because some of our bones fuse as we age. Isn’t that just fascinating?
Do you know what else is fascinating? Skeleton jokes! If you love tidbits about skeletons and fun facts, and if you are curious and in awe of them, you will go nuts over bone-mastic skeleton jokes!
Because skeletons have a hold on those young and old, our collection of funny skeleton jokes and puns for all ages will surely tickle your funny bone!
Skeleton 101: Some Fun Facts
Do you find yourself interested in learning more about skeletons? We’ve got you! Here are some fun facts about skeletons to feed your bony curiosity!
- The word skeleton refers to the structure consisting of all the bones in the human body
- A normal human body counts 206 bones in its structure
- During childbirth, a baby’s body is born with roughly 270 bones in its tiny frame
- Bones fuse as the years go by, which is why adults have less bone count than infants
- The longest bone found in the human body is the femur or what is known as the thigh bone
- The smallest bones found in the human body are the ear ossicles
- Bones are very hard — they are among the strongest parts of our bodies!
- The word “skeleton” is said to come from “skeletos,” which is a Greek word that means “dried up.
Why Skeleton Jokes And Puns Are Great For The Body?
Yes, you read that right — jokes and puns about the structure that makes up our bodies are good for our bodies!
Do you know how they say laughter is the best medicine? Well, it’s true. When you laugh, you release stress. You also give your circulatory system, as well as your respiratory system, a welcome boost! Laughter is indeed very good for not just the body but the soul as well.
This is why skeleton jokes and puns are much more than just silly fun. Plus, when you deliver a joke or pun or when you process a funny thing that someone else is saying, you are putting your brain to work and getting those wheels turning in your head.
However way you look at it, jokes and puns are good for you. And that makes skeleton jokes and puns all the more awesome!
Funny Skeleton Jokes And Puns For All Ages
If you’re looking to give your funny bones a treat, these 158 funny skeleton jokes and puns are just what you need to feel the humor and the laughter right to your bones! These skeletal-icious jokes and puns are sure to give everyone a good laugh, from kids to grown-ups!
Pop one of these into your conversation, and everyone’s funny bones will thank you! Trust us — these jokes are bound to keep the laughs coming in. Have a fun time with these skeleton jokes that will entertain the young and old alike!
What did the little skeleton play in the band?
Why didn’t the little skeleton go to the party?
He had no body to go with.
Where do skeletons take their cars?
To the body shop.
Why wouldn’t the little skeleton stand up to the bully?
He didn’t have the guts for it!
Why did the little skeleton pretend to be sick?
He didn’t want to go to skull!
Why did the little skeleton get so cold?
Because the wind went right through him!”
Why do skeletons like to use the doorbell?
Because they are dead ringers.
Why doesn’t the skeleton church have music?
Because they have no organs.
Why can’t skeletons work in the mines?
Because they only go six feet under.
What is a skeleton’s favorite treat?
Why was the skeleton so calm?
Nothing got under his skin.
What was the skeleton’s favorite line from Shakespeare?
Tibia or not tibia.
How do skeletons celebrate special occasions?
They eat, drink, and be scary.
What’s a skeleton’s coolest body part?
Why was the job not getting done?
They were working with a skeleton crew.
Who is the most famous skeleton detective?
What do you call a skeleton who won’t work?
What song do skeleton bikers ride to?
Bone to be wild.
Who is the most famous French skeleton?
How did the skeleton know it was going to rain?
It could feel it in its bones.
What song do skeleton crooks listen to after a heist?
Bad to the Bone.
What do skeletons say as they head out to sea?
How did skeletons send mail in the old days?
The bony express!
What did the skeleton say to the vampire?
What do skeletons order at restaurants?
What was the skeleton’s favorite rock band?
The Grateful Dead.
What kind of plate do skeletons eat on?
How do skeletons say hello?
What do old skeletons complain about?
Why do skeletons hate the winter?
Because the cold goes right through them.
Why didn’t the skeleton go to the scary movie?
He didn’t have the guts!
What type of art do skeletons like?
Why did the skeleton go to the dance?
To see the boogie man.
Why didn’t the skeleton eat spicy food?
He didn’t have the stomach for it.
What do boney people use to get into their homes?
Who won the skeleton beauty contest?
More Skeleton Jokes
Laughter is not just good for the body and the soul — it’s good for the bones too! Perhaps this is why skeleton jokes are always a surefire hit. What can we say? Skeleton jokes sure are the humerus (get it?!)!
Why did the skeleton run up the tree?
A dog wanted to eat its bones.
What does a skeleton use to call his friends?
When does a skeleton laugh?
When something tickles his funny bone.
Why did the skeleton cross the road?
To get to the body shop.
Why do skeletons like to drink?
Because milk is so good for the bones!
Why did the skeleton pupil stay late at school?
He was boning up for his exams!
What was the skeleton doing at the hockey game?
Driving the zam-boney.
Where did the skeleton put his money?
In the Crypt-o-Market.
What did the angry skeleton yell at the man?
‘I’ve got a bone to pick with you!’
What do you call a skeleton who went out in the snow?
What’s a skeleton’s favorite type of plant?
A bone-zai tree!
What do you call a skeleton with no friends?
What is a skeleton’s favorite singer?
What kind of art are Skeletons really good at?
They are great skullptors.
Why did the skeleton visit the museum?
To look at all the skullptures.
What did the skeleton say to the lying ghost?
I can see right through you.
How do skeletons get ready for Halloween night?
They bleach their bones bright white.”
What happened when the werewolf attacked the skeleton?
It ran off with the skeleton’s bones and didn’t leave him a leg to stand on.
What do you call a skeleton’s funny bone?
What name do skeletons call each other when they make mistakes?
Why didn’t the skeleton cross the road?
He didn’t have the guts.
Where do skeletons go for a fun night out?
Anywhere, as long as it’s a hip joint.
Why did the skeleton go to the school dance?
To find a body to dance with.
What do all skeletons say around meal times?
Why did the group of skeletons go to the party?
To pick up some bodies.
Why wouldn’t the skeleton watch the new Halloween Ends movie?
He was too scared and didn’t have the guts.
What did the skeletons dress up as on Halloween?
What happened after a pirate ship sank at sea?
It came back with a skeleton crew.
Which character do skeletons like on Star Trek?
What is a good Valentine’s gift for a skeleton?
Bone-bones in a heart-shaped box.
What is the skeleton’s favorite toy?
His deady bear.
What do you call a tiny lie told by a skeleton?
A little fib-ula.
Where did the skeleton keep his pet bird?
In his rib cage.
Even More Skeleton Jokes
You always want to ensure you’re armed with a joke or two or more for whenever the mood strikes and you’re talking to someone and want to lighten things up. Well, bone up on our collection of even more skeleton jokes and laugh away!
How does a skeleton relax and get clean?
She takes a milk bath.
What store do skeletons love to snack at when they visit the mall?
What did the 100-year-old skeleton frequently complain about?
Why did the skeleton want to quit playing football?
Because his heart wasn’t in it!
What did the skeleton whisper to his wife?
I love every bone in your body!
Who is the King of Rock and Roll for all skeletons?
What has 1854 bones and is still able to catch flies?
A skeleton baseball team.
How do you tease a foolish skeleton?
Call him a bonehead.
What did the one-thousand-year-old skeleton complain about?
Anything he wanted; he’s a thousand years old. King of the Skeletons!
Why was the student skeleton doing extra credit work after class?
He wanted the Bone-us points.
Why did the skeleton struggle while enrolled in medical college?
The other students kept trying to label his bones and use him as an anatomical model.
Where do teenage skeletons go for class?
Do you know why skeletons have short memories?
It’s a no-brainer.
How come groups of skeletons don’t get any work done?
They are a skeleton crew.
What did the golden retriever say to the skeleton?
Throw a dog a bone!
What’s a name for skeletons living on an island?
Why are skeletons bad miners?
Because they stop digging at six feet under.
What do you get when you pat a skeleton on the back?
A spinal tap.
How much does the average skeleton weigh?
Why couldn’t the skeleton get out of bed?
She was bone tired!
What is a skeleton’s favorite fruit?
What did the skeleton bring to the potluck?
What’s the name of the famous American rapper skeleton with the initials M.G.S.?
Machine Gun Skelly
Why couldn’t the skeleton get through airport security?
He was armed with shoulder blades!
How come skeletons can predict rain?
They can feel it in their bones.
Why did the skeleton want to go to the nightclub?
He heard it was a hip joint.
What’s a skeleton’s favorite ranged weapon?
A bone and marrow.
Where’s the coolest part of a skeleton?
How do you know if a skeleton is sick?
He will lay in a coffin.
Why did the skeleton invite friends out to a movie?
Because he was feeling bonely.
What do you do when skeletons surround your home?
You hope it’s Halloween!
Why wasn’t the criminal skeleton afraid of the police?
He knew they couldn’t pin anything on him.
What do you call a skeleton found in the closet?
Last year’s Hide-and-Seek Champion.
What happened to the skeleton who stood too close to the fire?
He became bone dry.
Are you just about ready to start the pun fun? We’ve got just what you need to start the punny party! Puns are great because they are a play for words. Word nerds will lap these up! One thing’s for sure: They’re not for numskulls!
- “A skeleton went to the hospital to donate his body for medical sciences. So the doctor asked him to spine on the dotted line!”
- “The skeleton found it extremely hard to get out of bed as he was bone-tired!”
- “There was a skeleton who always lied to his friends. So his friends named him ‘phony-ba-boney’!”
- “There was a skeleton who always found his spine very funny. Whenever it was funny, it started cracking up!”
- “A scared skeleton always finds it hard to look at other skeletons because he doesn’t have the stomach to see it!”
- “Legless skeletons are asked to avoid arguments because they don’t have a leg to stand on.”
- “There is a special train service to deliver the mail of all skeletons. It is called the bony express.”
- “There was a skeleton who was a botanist. His favorite kind of tree was a bone-zai tree.”
- “People can understand when a skeleton lies. They are bad liars, as everyone can see right through them.”
- “The skeleton loved traveling and went on trips that included adventure sports like paragliding and cliff diving. He was just bone to be wild.”
- “Upon producing very good results at work, the efficient skeleton was given a bone-us by his manager.”
- “The skeleton was sick, so he went to his doctor and said, ‘I think I am a little sick; I have a femur!”
- “Once, two skeletons had an animated conversation. When one started stretching the truth of the story, the other said, ‘Is that a little fib-ula?'”
- “The detective skeleton caught the criminal just from a trivial hunch. He claimed he could just feel it in his bones.”
- “When the little skeleton was not studying for his examinations, his father scolded him by saying, ‘Why are you not boning up for the exams?'”
- “His parents scolded the kid skeleton because he pretended he was sick so that he couldn’t go into skull.”
- “The skeleton got a job in the jazz band. He has been recruited as the trom bone player.”
- “Whenever skeletons need to repair their cars, they take them to the body shop.”
- “The skeleton loved cracking jokes, and when others smiled, he laughed and said, “I think I did tickle your funny bone.””
- “The skeleton saw a man constantly following him for a couple of days. So he went up to that man and asked if he was spine on him.”
- “The little skeleton was constantly picked on by other kids in school, and he couldn’t do anything because he didn’t have the guts.”
- “Skeletons make very poor miners. They can never go deeper than six feet under.”
- “Skeletons have a funny way of celebrating their favorite holidays. They just eat, drink and be very scary!”
- “While reading Hamlet, a skeleton’s favorite line is ‘Tibia or not Tibia’!”
- “Whenever skeletons go to the church for mass, they can never play the music as they have no organs.”
More Skeleton Puns
Who knew bones could be so punny? Skeletons are a minefield for great, mind-bending, LOL-inducing puns. And they’re very addictive too, am I right? So if you are bones-ing for more bone puns, may we present to you another serving of humerus-ly funny skeleton puns.
- “I saw a skeleton starting a fight. So I asked the reason why to which he replied that he had a bone to pick!”
- “Skeletons love to be stylish and cool. They are hip-ster.”
- “I saw a skeleton who was a famous stand-up comic. All his jokes were extremely humerus!”
- “When the skeleton went to school, he learned all about his bones in the osteoclass!”
- “The best way to describe a skeleton that is having the best time of his life is probably by saying that he is having an osteoblast!”
- “Skeletons don’t lie. They always speak the truth because they always want tibia honest!”
- “Skeleton doctors who practice osteopathic medicine are known to bring spare ribs to a potluck!”
- “Skeletons are known to get quite sick on days that are especially very windy because the wind goes right through them!”
- “The criminal skeleton was arrested by the police and was imprisoned in a rib cage!”
- “There was a skeleton who always failed all his examinations in school because he was a numskull!”
- “Skeletons are known to be extremely lonely in general because they have no body!”
- “Skeletons have an amazing trait of not losing their calm under tense moments because no one gets under their skin!”
- “The skeletons that were given the job of finishing the task were unable to complete it on time because it was a skeleton crew!”
- “Once, a skeleton took a stroll in a wild jungle, and a couple of greyhounds chased him. He marrowly escaped the dogs!”
- “A group of skeletons went to a gala dinner. They began their feast by saying bone appetit!”
And Even More Skeleton Puns
One spine-tinglingly hilarious bone pun deserves another. We know you are just bone to be funny (or is it punny?), so we’re dishing even more skeleton puns! You’re going to crack everyone up for sure — can’t you feel it in your bones?
- “To someone studying hard: ‘Time to bone up for the big exam?’”
- “To someone you think is stretching the truth: ‘Is that a little fib-ula?’”
- “When someone irritates you: ‘I have a bone to pick with you.'”
- “When you don’t want to do something: ‘I’m bone tired!’”
- “When you don’t feel well: ‘I think I have femur.’”
- “When you are getting ready to eat: ‘Bone Appetit!'”
- “When you feel like acting crazy: ‘Bone to be wild!’”
- “When you do something nice for someone: ‘That’s a bone-us.’”
- “When you want company: ‘I’m feeling bonely.’”
- “When you almost had an accident: ‘That was a marrow escape!’”
- “When you have a hunch about something: ‘I feel it in my bones.’”
- “When someone laughs: ‘Did I tickle your funny bone?’”
- “When deciding what’s for dinner: ‘How about spare ribs?’”
- “When you catch someone watching you: ‘Are you spine on me?’”
- “When you don’t want to do something: ‘I’m dead tired!’”
Skeletons can be spectacularly scary, mind-glowingly fascinating, or a heck of a lot of fun! Be bone-tactically humer-ous with these bony jokes and puns! If there’s one thing these skeleton jokes and puns prove, skeletons can tickle your funny bones.