No matter how much we feel for someone, putting our affection into words may not be so easy! However, expressing love is such an important and beneficial part of a healthy relationship!
Loving words and gestures let our partners know that they are appreciated, safe, and loved. Whether or not words are your strength, there’s no reason to stress, though.
Penning a love letter starts off with a pen, paper, and some heartfelt sentiments! These romantic love letter to my wife templates should give you an idea of where to start.
I’ve included templates for anniversaries, apologies, birthdays, Mother’s Day, and more! Feel free to edit these, add in your own special words, and swap around the addresses, too.
In This Post:
- How to Write a Love Letter to My Wife?
- Birthday Love Letter to My Wife Templates
- Anniversary Love Letter to My Wife Templates
- Mother’s Day Love Letter to My Wife Templates
- General Love Letter to My Wife Templates
- Apology Love Letter to My Wife Templates
- 20 Romantic Love Quotes to Include in Your Love Letter
How to Write a Love Letter to My Wife
Penning an original and heartfelt love letter is easy when you know how! Here are some helpful tips on how to write the best ever love letter to your wife and revive the romance.
- Choose the Right Stationery
When writing a love letter, the right stationery is key! Choose some luxurious paper, a matching envelope, and the right pen and color ink to complement your love letter!
- Practice Your Handwriting
A handwritten love letter is the ultimate romantic gesture. However, do try to practice beforehand – and don’t be scared to rewrite the letter if you’re unhappy with the result!
- Address Her With a Special Title
To start off your love letter, you’ll need to address it to that special lady! Think of an original and fitting address to begin it with, such as “to my angel,” “dearest sweetheart,” or “to my love.”
- Wish Her With Love
After you’ve done addressing your letter, think of a heartfelt and warm wish with which to open your love letter. A memory, experience, greeting, wish, or sweet sentiment is best!
- Start Off Simple
If writing love letters isn’t generally your thing, start off simple. Think of around three important things you’d like to mention in your letter and how best to put these into words!
- Express Your Genuine Feelings
An impersonal love letter may not be the most romantic gesture. Even if it feels strange, try to push yourself to put your genuine feelings into words – they’ll surely be appreciated!
- Include a Romantic Quote!
One way to add extra romance to a love letter to my wife is to include a love quote! Check the bottom of this post for some exciting, intimate, and amorous options to get you started!
- Add a Unique Signature
To end your love letter, sign off with a special ending! A goodbye wish, romantic verse, or some X’s and O’s are all great options. Of course, do add your name (or pet name) at the end, too!
Add a romantic touch to your letter by decorating it with some lovely, hand-drawn love hearts or flowers. You can also decorate the letter with another romantic symbol of choice – or stickers!
- Add a Special Gift
Make your love letter to my wife extra special with a gift. Pressed flowers, money, a gift card, a food voucher, jewelry, flowers, or an I owe you … (a massage, flowers, dinner, etc.) note are all an excellent choice!
Birthday Love Letter to My Wife Templates
Is your beloved celebrating her birthday soon? If so, these lovely love letters are perfect for that special lady’s birthday!
- Dearest <insert name here>,
I still remember the first birthday I spent with you on … so many years ago! Little did I know, I’d get to celebrate … more with you! I cherish each and every day. Making memories with you is one of the things I love most about our marriage!
On this special day, I wish you the happiest of birthdays – and many more to come! I look forward to spending each and every one of these special days with you.
Love, your …
- To my lovely wife,
Birthday gifts are heartwarming, but few gifts compare to you! On this day, I wish you a very happy birthday and shower you with presents befitting a lovely lady like yourself. However, just know that I’m the one who got the biggest gift of all – you!
I look forward to spending every birthday from now until we’re old together with you! To this amazing day and all the exciting and lovely days to come! Happy Birthday my love!
Lots of love, your husband
- To my sweetheart,
We’ve been together for … years, but I always look forward to spending your special day with you! There are few greater joys in this life than spoiling you and seeing that big smile on your face! I hope you love all of your special gifts and get spoiled rotten!
I wish you the happiest birthday, my love! I can’t wait to celebrate the next one with you.
XOXO, your devoted husband!
Anniversary Love Letter to My Wife Templates
An anniversary is the most special day a married couple can spend together. Make it extra special with one of these romantic love letters to my wife!
- To my beloved wife,
Every new year I spend with you brings amazing experiences, surprises, and joys! You’ve opened me up to a whole new world – one that is undoubtedly much brighter with you in it!
Another year has come and gone, and today, we celebrate it together, stronger than ever! To this year and many more to come – I wish you a happy <insert year here> anniversary!
Love and kisses ~ your doting husband!
- To my queen,
Asking you to be my wife was surely one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! You have brought endless joy and light into my life, giving me some of the happiest memories. I am lucky to have these and you in my life!
Happy <insert year here> anniversary, my love! I look forward to forging ahead into the future with you by my side! Let’s celebrate in style and look forward to a bright future together.
PS. I want you to know that my life is so much brighter with you in it!
Your beloved husband, <insert your name here>
- To my number one,
From the day I met you, I knew you were the one! Love, at first sight, isn’t common – and neither is such an everlasting and enduring love as ours! Happy <insert year here> anniversary, my love!
Today, we celebrate another amazing year together! To many more to come, and all the challenges, disagreements, lessons, memories that come with it on the horizon!
PS. Know that I love you from the moon to the stars!
Your number one man, <insert your name here>
Mother’s Day Love Letter to My Wife Templates
A wife and mother deserve to be treated with extra appreciation on Mother’s Day! Thank her for the best gifts she’s given with these lovely Mother’s Day love letters.
- To the mother of my children,
When you came into my life, I didn’t think anything else could compare. You are the guiding light in our home ~ a smart, strong, and loving wife, and more than any man could ask for!
However, you’ve gone on to give me one of the best gifts a man could ask for – our family! This Mother’s Day, I thank you for your guidance and love. Because of you, our family has grown, and our home has grown to be the best place to be, too!
To my beloved wife and mother of my children – I love you!
Your husband, <insert your name here>
- To the sweetest wife and mother,
… years ago, I proposed to you – and you said yes! When we got married, you made me the happiest man alive! I thought I couldn’t get any happier. But, …. years later, we welcomed our first child, <insert name here>! And another just … years on.
On this Mother’s Day, I thank you for all the joy and light you’ve brought into my and the kid’s life. You gave life and breathed life into his home. You are undoubtedly the guiding light in our family!
Thank you for the memories, experiences, unconditional love, forgiveness, and all the love to come!
Love, your doting husband!
- To my queen and mother of my children,
You are an amazing woman who has climbed mountains, faced fierce challenges, and conquered my heart! Your passion, strength, and intelligence are to be admired! I am proud to have you as my queen and the mother of my children.
You give our family and me so much – happiness, joy, unconditional love, guidance, and wisdom.
Happy Mother’s Day, my love. I hope you feel as pampered as you deserve to be every day of the year!
I love you, your lucky husband, <insert your name here>!
General Love Letter to My Wife Templates
Have you got all the feels but words escape you? Luckily, expressing your love and devotion is as easy as taking inspiration from one of these romantic love letter templates!
- To my gorgeous lover,
Your smile is like a ray of sunlight, your laugh a breath of fresh air – you are the silver lining of every stormy rain cloud! When you came into my life, you surely brightened my day! I don’t think that you’re even aware of the effect you have on me.
Daily, I count my blessings – your love, presence, and laughter being the best of them! I’m so happy and lucky to have you in my life.
I love you to the moon, stars, and galaxy – and back again!
Love, your besotted husband, <insert your name here>!
- To my world,
Special people like you are rare; meeting in person is even more unlikely, and getting to call you my wife is almost near improbable. You came into my life and changed it for the better! Yes, a love like ours is indeed special and sacred.
I hope that you know that you are my love, my light, and my world! I love you so much that words barely do justice to my feelings!
Your beloved husband, <insert your name here>!
- Beloved <insert name here>,
Your kindness, warmth, grace, and wisdom are rare to find! You’re like a warm fire on a cold night, bringing light, warmth, peace, and joy to all who sit nearby. I’m lucky to be with you more often than most – and to call you my wife!
Thank you for being there for me whenever I needed you. Your light is truly to be admired! To many more warm evenings spent together!
Your loving husband, <insert your name here>!
Apology Love Letter to My Wife Templates
Saying sorry when we’ve done something wrong can be hard! Sweeten things (and your wife) up with a genuine apology letter that really says, “I’m sorry!”
- My lovely wife,
At times in our life, we make mistakes that we regret. Be it by stupidity, stubbornness, insensitivity, or mistake, our actions can wrongfully cause hurt, harm, and cause irreparable damage.
I am so sincerely sorry for the pain that I’ve caused you. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive. Though I do not expect you to, and completely understand if you do still hold bitterness in your heart.
In time, perhaps I will be able to repair some of the damage I have caused and show you the love and care you deserve.
Your truly remorseful husband, <insert your name here>.
- To my angel,
Seeing you sad is the worst feeling, especially knowing that I was the one who caused you pain! My thoughtless and callous actions have brought stormy clouds, sadness, and gloom into your life and made your smile fade.
I hope that you will forgive me for my discretions and let me earn back your trust. I just want the chance to banish the darkness and bring back your sunny smile again.
Your truly sorry husband, <insert your name here>.
- Dearest <insert name here>
You are a wise and intelligent woman who has weathered many a storm with me. You did not deserve the treatment I gave you and the harsh words that I spoke. I acted in anger, not love, and I hope you can forgive me for my loss of control.
I promise to work on myself, make better decisions, and listen to you more in the future. And, I hope you will find it in your soul to forgive me and bear with me while I try to be a better man!
Love, your not-so-perfect but still doting husband, <insert your name here>.
20 Romantic Love Quotes to Include in Your Love Letter
- “Love is the strongest force the world possesses, and yet it is the humblest imaginable.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” ~ Mignon McLaughlin
- “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.” ~ Unknown
- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” ~ Virginia Woolf, Selected Diaries
- “The great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.” ~ Helen Mirren
- “Never marry the one you can live with, marry the one you cannot live without.” ~ Unknown
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, every day. You and me… every day.” ~ Nicholas Sparks
- “Don’t ever stop dating your wife, and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.” ~ Unknown
- “Marriage, to women as to men, must be a luxury, not a necessity; an incident of life, not all of it.” ~ Susan B. Anthony
- “A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” ~ Ruth Bell Graham
- “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” ~ Tom Mullen
- “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and you cannot remember how you ever lived without them.” ~ Unknown
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” ~ Andre Maurois
- “Where there is love, there is life.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “If I had a flower for every time thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” ~ Alfred Tennyson
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” ~ When Harry Met Sally
- “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes; I am out of control and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
- “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Lathe of Heaven
Penning a love letter to your beloved need not be out of your grasp! Hopefully, these love letter to my wife templates help you to write the perfect romantic letter to yours!