Do you party at home with your closest bunch of people? Are you looking for the perfect game that both kids and adults can enjoy? How about the game of reverse charades?
Okay, so you know about charades. But what are reverse charades? Both are the same game. However, there’s a twist to it, which I will discuss in the next section!
When I reminisce about my childhood, most of it is about the games I enjoyed with my friends and the awesome and lovable fun I used to have with my family.
I have so many beautiful memories of the entire family sitting together to play a game of charades. The constant guessing, the acting out, and the laughter – I miss those days!
But, as we already know, we can’t return to the past. But we CAN recreate those memories by playing reverse charades with our near and dear ones, right?
Here I have come up with the best reverse charades ideas that you can use and have fun with your favorite people. Are you ready for some fun?
List of Reverse Charades
Reverse charades are simple. Of course, the name can confuse you. But it’s much like the traditional charades you probably played in childhood.
The only difference between a game of charades and a game of reverse charades lies in the role.
While you play charades, you act out the word or the phase, and your entire team tries to guess it, right?
But what happens in reverse charades is that you guess the word while your entire team acts out.
So, it’s the reversal of the roles of the players. And hence the name reverse charades.
So, are you ready to play with the following ideas?
Reverse Charades For Kids
Kids love it when they get to play with you or their friends. No matter how much time I give my toddler, she never seems to get enough! And you can always find her sitting beside me on her high chair while I work.
The same goes for all the kids. They love it when you interact with them, play with them, tell them stories, or sit with them.
So, when you play reverse charades with kids, they have one of the best times of their lives. And why won’t they feel that way?
After all, reverse charades involve them acting out funny things or making silly guesses.
I have dedicated this section to the smallest members of your family. The following are some reverse charades ideas for kids.
- Brushing teeth
- Eating spaghetti
- Building a sandcastle
- Playing catch
- Riding a bike
- Making a pizza
- Drawing a picture
- Playing video games
- Making a snowman
- Playing tag
- Singing a song
- Playing hide and seek
- Washing a car
- Baking cookies
- Playing hopscotch
- Blowing bubbles
- Dressing up in a costume
- Doing cartwheels
- Playing basketball
- Doing gymnastics
- Playing soccer
- Flying a kite
- Doing yoga
- Playing volleyball
- Playing mini-golf
- Playing hopscotch
- Doing a science experiment
I hope these ideas provide some fun for your kids!
Reverse Charades For Adults
Not only the kids but adults also need to have fun too. These days, most of us lead a very busy life. We manage our family, kids, and work all at the same time.
It makes taking a break from all these all the more important. And reverse charades are one way to make it possible.
They give you that much-needed laughter and lightheartedness. You meet your loved ones, have fun, and end the day on a happy note. And did I mention how you leave the game with so many happy memories?
Now, coming to the topics, the topics meant for kids and ones meant for adults can be different, right?
Here I have compiled a list of the best reverse charades topics for adults. So, enjoy!
- Mosh pit
- Road trip
- Extreme sports
- Masquerade ball
- Casino night
- Wine tasting
- Dance party
- Roller derby
- Trampoline park
- Board game night
- Book club
- Yoga retreat
- Escape room
- Costume party
- Stand-up comedy
- Murder mystery party
- Game show
- Murder trial
- American football game
- Space exploration
- Ice skating
- Spelling bee
- Jazz festival
I hope you find these ideas helpful for your reverse charades game!
Food Reverse Charades
Food is something that we need every day to survive. Without food and water, it’s difficult for us to survive, right?
If you want to keep the game easy, you can opt for the food we eat daily, such as bread and cereals. And if you want to make the game more difficult and fun, go for less-eaten food. So, food can be an interesting topic for reverse charades.
Suppose the food word for the reverse charade game is popcorn. Imagine how your team members will act it out!
Following are some entertaining food reverse charade ideas.
- Making a pizza
- Slicing a watermelon
- Whisking eggs for an omelet
- Pouring syrup on pancakes
- Drinking a smoothie
- Peeling a banana
- Eating spaghetti with a fork
- Making popcorn in a microwave
- Stirring a pot of soup
- Chopping vegetables for a salad
- Squeezing lemon on seafood
- Eating a sandwich with a pickle on the side
- Biting into a juicy burger
- Mixing a bowl of guacamole
- Licking an ice cream cone
- Spreading butter on toast
- Eating sushi with chopsticks
- Pouring gravy on mashed potatoes
- Dipping a chip into salsa
- Scooping ice cream into a cone
- Eating a taco with lettuce and cheese
- Whipping cream for a dessert topping
- Munching on a pretzel
- Peeling an orange
- Slicing a loaf of bread
- Eating a bowl of cereal with milk
- Scooping out a pumpkin for a pie
- Sipping on hot cocoa
- Drinking a fruit smoothie with a straw
- Eating a hotdog with ketchup and mustard.
I hope these ideas inspire your next game of Food Reverse Charades!
Animal Reverse Charades
It’s one of the funniest sections that I have mentioned here. Why funny, you may ask?
Because I’m already having a good laugh imagining your team members’ actions if the word they get is monkey!
Of course, there are many other animals that, when imitated by your team players, will send the others on a laughing riot.
Reverse charades on animals are best suited for kids who are in school. But if you want your adult friends to act like a snake or a dog, you can use the following reverse charade ideas!
I hope these suggestions inspire some fun and laughter during your game of Animal Reverse Charades!
Emotions Reverse Charades
There are many emotions that we feel daily.
When someone makes us feel special, we feel so many emotions simultaneously: happy, blessed, loved, and whatnot.
The same goes for the time when someone does something to hurt us. We all feel betrayed, hated, sad, and angry simultaneously.
How would you ever express your feelings if someone asked you to show you are depressed?
You can’t just put on an act by saying anything or mouthing anything. It would be difficult, right?
That is why reverse charades on emotions are best played with your friends. They know you, and it will be easier for them to guess when you act out the emotion.
- In love
- Excitedly anxious
I hope this list helps you have a fun game of Reverse Charades!
Movie Reverse Charades
Now, this is my favorite topic for reverse charades! Yes, I LOVE watching movies, and I have full faith in myself that I can do better in the game if it is about some movies.
And if I’m the guesser, I would love to see how my teammates act out the name of a movie!
Suppose the movie’s name is Charles Angles. Can you imagine your friends doing the act?
Isn’t it funny?
- Titanic sinking
- E.T. phone home
- Forrest Gump running
- The Godfather kissing the ring
- Ghost pottery scene
- Indiana Jones whip cracking
- Jurassic Park T-Rex roar
- The Lion King “Hakuna Matata” dance
- Rocky Balboa training montage
- Jaws fin in the water
- Harry Potter casting a spell
- The Terminator “I’ll be back”
- Star Wars lightsaber battle
- The Matrix bullet time dodge
- Beauty and the Beast ballroom dance
- The Wizard of Oz “We’re not in Kansas anymore”
- The Silence of the Lambs “Hello, Clarice”
- The Shining “Here’s Johnny!”
- Home Alone screaming face
- The Avengers assembling
- The Dark Knight Joker pencil trick
- Frozen “Let it go” song
- Back to the Future DeLorean time travel
- The Princess Bride “As you wish”
- Indiana Jones boulder chase
- Raiders of the Lost Ark melting faces
- Toy Story Buzz Lightyear falling with style
- Ghostbusters crossing the streams
- The Terminator thumbs up in the molten steel
- The Lion King Simba’s birth scene
I hope these ideas inspire a fun game of Reverse Charades with a movie theme!
How to Play Reverse Charades?
This article section is for you if you are playing reverse charades for the first time.
To play the game, you need to follow these steps:
- Divide the players into small groups. You can add more people to one group if you have more players. But if you want to make the game more interesting, the more the teams, the better.
- You need to decide the points. One correct guess equals one point.
- You need to decide the time for each act. Suppose you agree to one minute. It means you and your team must do the entire process of acting and guessing in one minute.
- During each round, the team will choose a player from their team. That player will be the one to guess. The other team players act out the words or phrases given to them by the other team.
- Remember, the players acting out cannot open their mouths or say anything. They have to make the guesser guess through their act.
- You can play as many rounds as you can. Once you are done playing, it’s time to count the points and decide who the winning team is.
- Before you count the total points, deduct one point for each cheating. For example, when you found a player mouthing the answer to the guesser and so on.
- Finally, the team with the highest number of points wins.
- Of course, if you are in no mood for a competition and want to play the reverse charades game just for fun, you can go on until you are tired.
Tips to Play Reverse Charades
Here are some tips and tricks you can use while playing reverse charades:
- If you are playing a competitive game of reverse charades and don’t want any issues tracking the time, you can use a timer. This way, you can rest assured that you will not have any fight regarding time.
- If you want to repeatedly use the reverse charade cards, you can print and laminate them.
- If you want to make it easier for the guesser to guess, the team members who will act out the word can use their fingers to let the guesser know the total how many words are there in the word phrase.
Reverse charades are fun. And the funnier it becomes when all the players in a group try to act the same thing but end up doing something different, leaving the guesser all confused. It’s sure a hilarious thing to watch!
Did you enjoy my list of reverse charades ideas? Which section caught your attention the most?
Tell me in the comments!