Bible trivia is the perfect way to study the bible or test your knowledge while having fun. These bible trivia questions and answers will test your knowledge of the Old and New Testament while having fun learning stuff you might not have known before!
Grab these questions for your everyday Study to learn more about Jesus and the Bible. While you are at it, grab these funny trivia questions for kids for even more fun!
1. How many commandments are there?
2. What’s the first book in the Bible?
3. Who were the first man and women on this earth?
a. Adam and Eve
4. How many days was the world created in?
5. What happened on the 7th day?
a. They rested
6. Where did Adam and Eve first live?
a. The Garden of Eden
7. Who built an ark?
8. How many days did Noah live on the ark?
9. How did the people know that it was safe to leave the ark?
a. A rainbow
10. Who was John the Baptist’s father?
11. Who is the mother of Jesus?
12. Who did Jesus rise from the dead?
13. What are the first three words in the bible?
a. In the beginning.
14. When Jesus fed the 5000 people, how many baskets of food remained?
a. 12 baskets were left over
15. What is the shortest verse in the bible?
a. Jesus Wept. This is in John chapter 11 verse 35
16. Who were the first two apostles called by Jesus Christ?
a. Anders and Peter
17. Who visited Mary before she conceived Jesus?
a. Angel Gabriel
18. How many sons did Jacob have?
19. How many people were on the ark?
a. There were only 8 people
20. How many of each animal went on the ark?
21. Where was Jesus’ first sermon?
a. On the mount, “The Sermon on the Mount”
22. When did Abraham finally have a son?
23. After Jesus was arrested which apostle disowned him three times?
24. What was the name of Abrahams’s son?
25. Where was Jesus’ body put after it hung on the cross?
a. In a tomb
26. How many days was Jesus in the tomb?
a. 3 days
27. What is the shortest book in the New Testament?
a. 2 John
28. How many days and nights was Jonah in the whale?
a. 3 days and 3 nights
29. Why was Jonah swallowed by the whale?
a. Because he was disobedient
30. Who wrote the Book of Revelation?
31. When did Moses die?
a. He was 120. Look in Deuteronomy 34:7
32. Where did Moses die?
33. How many loaves of bread did Jesus have to feed the 5000 people?
a. 5 loaves
34. How many fish did Jesus have to feed the 5000?
a. 2 fish
35. Where was Jesus born?
36. How many books are in the New Testament?
37. Who murdered John the Baptist?
a. Herod Antipas
38. Why do Christians observe Palm Sunday when they do?
a. It represents when Jesus entered Jerusalem before his death
39. Who baptized Jesus?
a. John the Baptist
40. Who is a Doctor that wrote a book of scripture in the New Testament?
41. Who was the King of Judea at the time of Jesus’ birth?
a. Herod the Great
42. What is the common name to the first 4 books in the New Testament?
a. The gospels
43. How did Jesus show the apostles that one who would betray him?
a. Dipped a piece of bread and then passed it to him.
44. What does the word “gospel” mean?
a. Good News
45. Who went with Paul on his first mission?
46. Why did Joseph take Mary and Jesus to Egypt?
a. To escape because King Herod wanted to kill baby Jesus.
47. Where was Jesus crucified?
48. Who wrote the most books in the New Testament?
49. How many apostles did Jesus have?
50. How did Jesus die?
a. He died on the cross. He was crucified.
51. Who brought gifts to baby Jesus?
a. The 3 wise men
52. What is the very first commandment listed in the 10 commandments?
a. Thou shalt have no other God’s before me.
53. True or False. The bible is the most sold book?
54. What was the name of Samuel’s mom?
55. What did Joseph do for work? (Jesus’ Earthly Dad)
a. He was a carpenter
56. Which books tell that Wise men will visit baby Jesus?
57. Where did Jesus grow up?
58. On what day did God create plants?
a. The third day
59. What is the symbol that was given to Noah as God’s promise?
a. A rainbow
60. What is the last word in the Old Testament?
61. What language was the Bible written in?
62. In the Lord’s prayer, what food is mentioned?
63. Who married Abraham?
64. How many times did Peter deny Jesus?
a. Three times
65. What disease did the 10 men have that Jesus healed?
66. Who wrote the book of Revelation?
67. Who came to Jesus in the middle of the night?
68. How many wise and foolish girls were in the story Jesus told?
a. 5 wise and 5 foolish
69. Who was Adan’s third son?
a. His name was Sam.
70. Who were the 10 commandments given to?
71. What is the 5th commandment?
a. Thou shalt honor your father and mother.
72. What does God look at rather than your outward appearance?
a. Your heart.
73. Who was given the coat of many colors?
74. Who is the Son of God?
75. What is another name for the Sermon on the Mount?
a. The Beatitudes
76. What sea did Jesus calm in the storm?
a. The sea of Galilee
77. Where was Moses born?
78. Who worked as a tax collector prior to preaching the gospel?
79. What was created on the first day?
a. Day and Night (or light will work too!)
80. Who fought the giant Goliath?
81. Who killed his brother?
a. Cain was killed by Abel
82. Who was through into the Lion’s Den by the king?
83. Who was David’s best friend?
84. How many days and nights did Jesus fast?
a. He fasted for 40 days and 40 nights.
85. Who was the Wise King?
86. Who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was shown at the Temple as a baby?
87. What prophet turned his rod into a bronze snake?
88. What did God do with the rib of Adam?
a. Created Eve
89. Who were the first children born on this Earth?
a. Cain and Abel were the first children born on this Earth.
90. What was divided when the Earth was created?
a. Light and darkness so we could have night and day.
91. How many total books are in the Bible?
a. 66 total books.
92. Who did God appear to as a burning bush on the mountain of God?
a. He appeared to Moses.
93. Why were the 10 plagues sent by God?
a. Because the Pharaoh would not let the Israelites free.
94. What are the ten plagues?
a. Blood, frogs, lice, flies, livestock pestilence, boils, hail, locust, darkness, and the killing of the first child.
95. Who opened the Red Sea?
96. Who drowned in the Red Sea?
a. The Egyptians
97. What is the second commandments?
Thou shalt not have idols.
98. What is the 4th commandment?
a. Keep the sabbath day holy.
99. What was created on the 5th day?
a. Birds and animals of the sea.
100. Where was Jesus baptized?
a. Jordan River
What bible trivia would you add to this list? Share in the comments so we can add it!
Check out these other great posts!