Nothing is better than enjoying the beautiful weather, lovely beaches and hospitable people of Barbados – nothing, that is, unless you toss in some fine food, wine and rum. You can enjoy it all this November 18 – 21, 2011 at the second annual Barbados Food and Wine and Rum Festival.
This year the Barbados Food and Wine and Rum Festival announced a little Canadian flare would be added with the addition of two superstar Canadian chefs: Culinary master and head judge on “Top Chef Canada”, Mark McEwan along with fellow Canadian sensation Tom Brodi, executive chef behind TOCA at the Ritz-Carlton.
Showing off their impressive skills, Tom Colicchio, Marcus Samuelsson, Ming Tsai return to the festival along with Barbadian culinary master, “The Rhum Chef” Paul Yellin as well as Food & Wine wine expert Anthony Giglio. International chefs include Bruno Loubet from the United Kingdom and Brazilian chef Vitor Gomes who add their expertise to the festival’s mouth-watering lineup.
Hosted by Travel + Leisure’s Features Director & Special Correspondent Nilou Motamed, the Festival includes a wide variety of chef demonstrations, tasting events and interactive sessions, including such highlights as:
- Mark McEwan, Tom Colicchio, Ming Tsai, Marcus Samuelsson and Bruno Loubet showcase their delectable skills using special cooking techniques and tricks in intimate settings at some of Barbados’ leading hotels and restaurants.
- Indulge in a Bajan style fiesta while Barbadian renowned Chef Paul Yellin demonstrates how to prepare local dishes while the kids enjoy their own interactive cooking demonstration.
- Chef Tom Brodi hosts an afternoon of cruising on the world famous “pirate” ship, the Jolly Roger while feasting on locale fare and endless “pirate brew.”
- NEW to this year’s line-up is an authentic Bajan lunch expertly prepared at a historic plantation house hosted by Travel + Leisure’s Nilou Motamed.
- Wine Expert Anthony Giglio shares tips on entertaining along with his favorite holiday wines for pairing.
Legendary Chef Tom Colicchio brings his creativity and innovative culinary style to one of the most gorgeous seaside settings,
- The Cliff restaurant for an evening amidst candlelit conversation, sumptuous cuisine, crashing waves and a panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea.
- Explore and savor one of the most iconic and charming rum distilleries in Barbados at the historic St Nicholas Abbey.