Layering, besides keeping you warm is the best way to stretch your wardrobe from season to season in style.
Every fall, my phone and email starts ringing with the 911 calls, “What and how do I layer?” I will tell you, it’s easy, I promise.
10 key pieces to layering.
- Tees-fitted under loose styles
- Wrap sweater
- The Boyfriend Shirt
- Blazer or a vest (my favourite)
- Accessories: bracelets & necklaces
- Skinny or straight leg jeans
- Great boots
Now that we have the basics, now comes the “how to” part.
- Start with your bottoms; pick style of jeans or leggings first.
- Lighter colours are better under dark colours.
- Fitted tops are better under looser ones.
- Dress over your jeans-find your inner boho. (She’s probably pretty fun)
- Mix up your fabrics; try a dressy shrug over a tee. Think night over day or day over night looks and you got it!
- A jean jacket over a dress and add a scarf.
- Don’t be afraid of a little sparkle and shine-under or over.
- Layer with clothes that fit so you do not appear bulky.
- Large hoodies is not layering.
- Cozy is cool, experiment and have fun with your layers.
There are no rules to layering clothing, so make it your own and have fun with it. The great thing about layering clothing is you are layered. If you are not feeling your look after you have left the house, switch it up or remove a layer. The other benefit to layering is, it hides what you want to hide. A great scarf over a plain tee adds length and minimizes your chest, just try it and get layered! dsfs