There are so many ways to show someone you love them that don’t necessarily involve running out to buy something. So often, it’s the simple things that make the most impact.
Showing Your Friends Some Love:
- Invite them over for a dinner of their favourite meal.
- Offer to watch their kids so they can go run errands, or catch a movie.
- Send them a handwritten letter, via snail mail, telling them how much they mean to you.
- Be there for them when they need you, and without judgement.
Love The One You’re With – Your Spouse/Partner/Significant Other:
- Leave a love note in their luggage the next time they go away on business.
- Take care of him during his man cold, WITHOUT rolling your eyes.
- Make him his favourite breakfast, and let him read the Saturday paper first.
- Have a just-the-two-of-you movie night after the kids go to bed, with a movie he picked out.
- Call him just to tell him you love him.
Loving Your Children:
- Leave little notes in their lunch boxes reminding them how much you love them
- Give them your undivided attention, when they really need your ear.
- Go for a walk with your kids, and make sure to skip at least half the way.
- Have a special place at home to proudly hang their artwork.
- Hug and kiss them constantly, every single day.
- Take time for yourself every single day, even if it’s to run out and grab a coffee alone.
- Treat yourself to a manicure, or pedicure, or anything spa-related, as often as you can.
- Spend time with people that you love and enjoy, because being happy is really good for your skin.
- Regardless of whether you are a mother, or a wife or both, don’t put yourself last – make yourself a priority too.