The past month has been all about the kids: new runners, school outfits, and classroom supplies. Now that they are set for a new year, Nevada’s new Fall Launch in the Sears Look! Report reminds me I deserve a little update too.
Back to school has always had that ‘new year’ feeling to it, a chance to start fresh. It’s easy to let the kids be the focus for September as our summer together comes to an end and school friends, projects and evening activities take over but September is the perfect time for mom to start fresh too.
One of the nicest ways to freshen up is with a wardrobe update.
I had the opportunity to attend the Nevada Fall Launch at the Toronto Eaton Center Sears store last week. Nevada is no stranger to me, with items having passed through my closet in the past, but I really love the new line, a collaboration between Nevada and the Buffalo Group. The face of the line is the beautiful super model Bar Refaeli who was in attendance at last week’s fashion show. She looked stunning in her skinny jeans and jacket from Nevada, part of the new Fall Look! Report.
I loved the very earthy feel of the new Nevada line, with its ochre, umber, and turquoise colours. Navajo design also played a part in the inspiration in the patterns used, such as in a pair of jeans or wrap sweater.
Of course the new Nevada fall line is just one element within the Sears Fall Look! Report. If your style is more retro, try a little 60s trim pencil skirt or perhaps colour blocking is more your design. Whether you’re looking for a whole new outfit or just pieces to add to your existing wardrobe, the Sears Fall Look! Report is a great place to start.
After the Nevada fashion show I had a chance to shop some of the Sears fashions from the Fall Look! Report. Although there are a lot of great styles out for fall, I kept coming back to the new Nevada line. The muted earthy colours and Navajo inspiration offers a nice combination of casual and sophistication. I like the idea of adding a little colour but the items had to fit with my existing wardrobe too. I couldn’t resist the skinny jeans and their fabulous tones. I did try a few tops but the combination of print and beadwork on the one shirt I did choose is perfect.
I’m really happy with my new outfit and I’ve received a number of comments on it already. Of course I wish I could have picked up other pieces, like the printed blouse and the wrap sweater, but I guess that’s what birthday wish lists are for.
If you’re looking at updating your fall wardrobe, here are a 6 tips that might help:
- Evaluate your wardrobe. Go through your closet to understand what items you have (colours and styles) and remove what doesn’t fit or items you haven’t worn for a year.
- Determine wardrobe gaps. Do you have more pants than shirts? Are you missing a sweater? Are all you blouses the same colour?
- Take photos. Bring snaps of items you love to wear so you have a reference when shopping for additional pieces
- Be open to new things. Don’t be afraid of colour or patterns you haven’t worn before. Be adventurous and try something new, mix things up. Have your own fashion show in the change room and see what works for you. You might just find a new love
- Don’t forget the basics. Although often forgotten undergarments are also an essential wardrobe basic. Perhaps a refresh is in order.
- Don’t forget accessories. If your budget doesn’t allow for a whole new outfit, add to ones you have. Try a scarf, hat, or maybe a nice piece of jewelry. A simple accessory can change the look of something you’ve worn before.
For a little inspiration, take a peek at the Sears Fall 2013 Look! Report or checkout Sears’ style pinterest board. What’s on your Fall wardrobe wish list? This September, take some time to treat yourself. Go ahead, you deserve it.
Sponsored by Sears. I was also given $100 to shop the new Look Book collection for myself.