Most spas don’t welcome kids under 18 but the Grand Wailea Spa Grande offers services for kids as young as 6 and they also have treatments for young teens too (age 13-17). For the teen group you can enjoy standard things like manicures and pedicures but I like that you can try a massage and facials. This gives teens a chance to have the spa experience too.
What did I do at the spa? I had a Coco Butter massage. This was my first massage so to be honest I wasn’t nervous since I didn’t really know what to expect. It helps to visit a spa like Spa Grande. They made sure my visit was amazing and everyone was super nice. The woman who handled my massage even gave me a small sample of the coco butter she used so I could take it home.
How was the massage? The massage was really relaxing. If you felt uncomfortable at all during the experience you could just say so and she would stop. The woman I was with asked me if I was comfortable throughout the whole experience which I totally was!!
If you’re thinking about going for your first massage but are unsure:
- Ask as many questions as you need to make sure you feel completely comfortable before your treatment.
- Most massage treatments are done without clothing (you wear a robe) but the staff gives lots of privacy. The person makes sure you’re comfortable and no one sees anything.
- You can request a female therapist but I think for teens they give you a therapist of your same sex.
- Speak up. The woman who handled my massage was great and always asked if things were okay but it’s okay to speak-up even if they don’t ask. Tell the person if something is uncomfortable so they can make changes.
- It’s okay to feel nervous but don’t let that stop you from trying this experience.
I’m so glad I did my massage at the Spa Grande. The staff was amazing and the massage was awesome. The only real drawback will be trying to convince your mom to take you to more spa experiences. You’ll love it so much you’ll want to go again.
Editor’s Note: If you’re over the age of 15 you can also enjoy the Spa Grande’s hydrotherapy pools an hour before your treatment at no additional cost. You can read more about our experience and the three pool rooms.
Bye for now,
Thanks to the folks at the Grand Wailea for offering the spa experience. Photo courtesy of the Grand Wailea as no photography is allowed in the spa.