Le Dolci bake shop and culinary classroom in Toronto is celebrating its third anniversary with a Pop-Up Sunday Market every last Sunday of each month this summer.
There will be music spun by a local DJ as well as sweet treats from Philips Ice Pops ice cream, gourmet buns from Hot BunzzTO and candy sushi from Sweet Sushi. Of course you’ll be able to enjoy treats from Le Dolci too, like their icy lemonades and homemade sodas ($2) and various baked goods. I’m in love with their Summer Strawberry Cake. I looks almost too good to eat. Almost.
When out and about in Toronto this summer be sure to make your way over to one of Le Dolci’s Pop-up Sunday Markets June 29, July 27, and August 24, 2014. You’ll find them at 1006 Dundas St W across from Trinity Bellwoods Park with its fun children’s playground and large grassy fields.
Even if you’re not in Toronto you can still enjoy a little inspiration from Le Dolci by making their Mini Lemon Merigue Pies at home, perfect for a summer get together or ending a backyard barbecue.
Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 160ml lemon juice
- 2tbsp butter
- Mix eggs, sugar & lemon juice in a pot.
- Whisk over the stove until it starts lightly bubbling, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a new container and add the butter. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Tightly seal with cling film and refrigerate until cold and set.
- Scoop into little shot glasses and enjoy with whipped cream on top!
Recipe and images reprinted with permission from Le Dolci Cupcakes and Cakes.