Some movies aimed at kids can be mind numbing to watch as a family but then you catch a movie that kids and parents can enjoy equally. I’m talking about Dispicable Me 2. On December 10 you can enjoy a minion adventure in your living room with the Blu-ray Combo pack release and to get you into the mood toss together a little Minion Munch.
This new dynamite party mix, with banana, peanut butter and just a touch of chocolate tossed in for good measure, is one tasty treat!
MINION MUNCH CHEX ® PARTY MIX
2 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal
2 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal
2 cups Banana Nut Cheeerios® cereal
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
1⁄4 cup butter or margarine
1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄4 cup peanut butter
1 cup freeze-dried banana chips
1⁄2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
* If you can’t find freeze-dried banana chips, just use regular dried banana chips.
* Either creamy or crunchy peanut butter works well with this recipe.
1. In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereals and peanuts.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar and peanut butter; microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture is boiling. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated
3. Microwave uncovered on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in dried bananas and candies. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
1/2 cup: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 210mg; Potassium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
Even if you can’t become a minion yourself, enjoying some Minion Munch while watching Dispicable Me 2 seems like a pretty close second.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from Universal Home Entertainment