We love yogurt in our home. We usually enjoy a small serving after dinner but it’s also great for breakfast or as an after school snack. With Easter coming, I’m looking forward to trying this Raisin French Toast with yogurt topping as a breakfast treat.
- 1 Egg
- 1 pinch Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Brown sugar
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Whole milk
- 2 Slices of raisin bread
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Salted butter
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Activia plain sweetened yogurt
- To taste Maple syrup
- To taste Unsalted sunflower seeds
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the egg with the cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.;
- Add the milk and mix.;
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.;
- Drop the raisin bread slices in the egg preparation and coat well.;
- Cook in the pan on both sides until golden.;
- Put the French toast on a plate and garnish with yogurt, maple syrup and sunflower seeds. Eat right away.
French toast isn’t a new thing but using raisin bread is a delightful change from regular egg bread. We usually use a nice braided raisin challah from our local bakery. Special occasion breakfasts sometimes bring out my desire to top french toast (or waffles or pancakes) with a dollop of whipping cream but I think this idea of using yogurt might be a little healthier.
Recipe and image reprinted with permission from Danone (source).