Let’s face it, after a hard, tiring day studying at school, the last thing your kids want is to be asked serious questions. Some may even react as if you’re the Spanish Inquisition!
So, why not lighten up the mood and make them laugh with these stupid questions instead? Apart from being an excellent family activity, these will get kids to open up and relax!
The Best Silly, Stupid Questions to Ask Your Kids Today!
1. What do you think our dog/cat would say if they could talk?
2. What’s your least favorite food?
3. Who would you take to a deserted island with you – me, your mom/dad, gran, grandpa, or brother/sister? And, why?
4. How many cheeseburgers could you eat in one go?
5. Do you think clowns are funny or creepy?
6. What do you want to dress up as for next Halloween?
7. Would you eat ten raw Brussel sprouts for $100?
8. How many hamsters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
9. Do ants get angry if someone steals their food, too?
10. Which is better – apple juice or orange juice?
11. Do you prefer chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream?
12. What would you do if you woke up to a rat nibbling on your toes?
13. If you had to choose between wearing a red clown nose or dying your hair pink, which would you rather do?
14. Would you rather be rich or live until you’re 120 years old?
15. How many kids is too many to have?
16. What is your favorite thing to do when you’ve finished all your homework?
17. If you could have anything for dinner tonight, what would it be?
18. What would your ideal fantasy dessert be if you could create and eat anything?
19. Would you rather eat waffles with cat kibble in them or hot dogs with chocolate sauce on them?
20. How many noodles could you slurp up in 30 seconds?
21. Why do the smallest dogs always bark the most and the loudest?
22. Can you burp the alphabet?
23. Can you wink your eyes separately?
24. Can you pat your head while rubbing your stomach?
25. Can you do a handstand?
26. Do you know how to juggle?
27. Can you whistle a tune?
28. How many skittles can you eat in one go?
29. What sounds do llamas make?
30. How do you know when you’re too full and shouldn’t eat anymore?
31. Which holiday is better – Easter or Christmas?
32. Why do cats hate their toe beans being touched?
33. Would you tickle a sleeping lion’s paws?
34. Why do monkeys scratch their armpits like this?
35. Did the chicken really cross the road, or was it a made-up story?
36. How many sausages are there in a string of sausages?
37. Do you think noodles and cheese make up a healthy, balanced diet?
38. Which is your favorite vegetable to eat and why?
39. What did you have for lunch at school today?
40. Can you guess what mum/dad does at work?
41. What is your most embarrassing memory?
42. What’s the grossest thing – people chewing with their mouth open, picking their nose, or something else?
43. How tall do you think you are going to be when you grow up?
44. Can you make up a random, ridiculous nursery rhyme?
45. What’s the best joke you know?
46. Do you think that your toys wake up at night while you’re sleeping?
47. If you could select one of your toys to speak, which one would it be?
48. Which animal would you prefer to ride – a llama, an ostrich, a horse, or a camel?
49. Do you prefer cats to dogs or dogs over cats?
50. What would you do if you got chased by an angry goose?
51. Which words would you teach your parrot if you had one?
52. Have you ever farted silently in class?
53. Have you ever laughed so hard you cried and could hardly breathe?
54. Would you rather be tickled to death or laugh to death?
55. Do you prefer sweet treats or savory snacks?
56. What would you say to someone if they stole all of your Halloween candy?
57. If you had to stop celebrating one holiday, which would it be – Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, or Easter?
58. Can you drink a whole 18 fl oz milkshake in 10 seconds?
59. Do you think it’s more important to socialize in school or get good grades?
60. Do you want to be famous when you’re older? If so, what for?
61. Would you rather sing once in front of 100 people or eat your veggies every night for the rest of your life?
62. How old do you think kids should be before making their own decisions, like when to go to sleep and what to have for dinner?
63. Would you rather wake up early every morning or stay up late every night?
64. How many kids do you want to have when you’re older?
65. Would you ever get married?
66. Would you rather live in your hometown for the rest of your life or travel around the world?
67. Which top three countries would you travel to if you could?
68. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
69. Which would make a better pet – a baby panda or a tiger cub, and why?
70. Do you prefer hot or cold weather, and why?
71. Would you rather go on holiday to the beach or to a mountainous national park?
72. What makes people happy?
73. What makes people smile?
74. How do you tickle a tortoise?
75. Why is Rudolph’s nose really red?
76. Why do clowns wear funny, colorful make-up?
77. What do you think Santa does during his time off after delivering gifts?
78. Where do you think the Tooth Fairy lives?
79. What makes you laugh the hardest?
80. If you saw an old lady trying to cross the road, would you help her go across it?
81. What would you do if you were out in the park and stepped in dog poop?
82. What is the best dream you’ve ever had?
83. How do you think the Universe started or was created?
84. What do you think is your purpose for being here on Earth?
85. Do you think God has a beard?
86. Which year would you time travel to if you invented your own time machine?
87. Which famous person would you want to spend a day with?
88. Would you rather wrestle a panda or run from a velociraptor?
89. What’s the craziest thing you would do for a million dollars?
90. Would you rather live in a big house in the suburbs or a small apartment in the city?
91. If you could only pick one color of food to eat for the rest of your life, which would it be?
92. What is your favorite smell (cookies, an apple pie baking, flowers, etc.)?
93. What treasures do you think you’d find in a pirate’s treasure chest?
94. Would you rather find a treasure chest full of gold foil-wrapped coins or real gold coins?
95. Which color would you never be caught dead wearing and why?
96. Which animal would you spend a day as, and why?
97. If you could have any superpower for a day, which would it be and why?
98. What is your favorite genre of music?
99. If I give you ten bucks, would you sing your favorite song aloud right now?
100. What do you think our pets dream of when they sleep?
101. Would you hunt rats if you were a cat?
102. How many noodles does it take to fill a human belly?
103. Which is your least favorite chore, and why?
104. Why do you think most cats don’t like to eat vegetables?
105. If you could choose only one TV series to watch for the rest of your life, which would it be?
106. Do vegetables have feelings, too?
107. Would you ever dye your hair green?
108. How many pets do you want to have when you’re older?
109. What makes you sneeze?
110. What is one thing you’ll never eat, and why?
111. What is the most disgusting food you know of that makes you want to gag just thinking of it?
112. How do you tell the time without a watch?
113. Do you think kids should be able to drive cars?
114. If personal spaceships existed in twenty years time, would you buy one?
115. Would you ever travel to the Moon for a holiday if this was possible in the future?
116. Would you leave Earth forever to go and live on Mars?
117. Do you think you would age slower if you lived on another planet?
118. How often do you brush your teeth?
119. Do you think you could catch a chicken in a chicken coop?
120. What weird food would you really like to try, and why?
121. How many horses would it take to pull a pyramid?
122. Do you like older people or think they are scary and strict?
123. What do you think of the neighbors?
124. Would you ever work as a plumber?
125. Do you think it’s possible for humans to ever live in peace?
126. How can you tell a cat and a dog apart if you’re blindfolded?
127. Can you recite all the astrological constellations in order?
128. How often do you think about the meaning of life?
129. Do you go to sleep as soon as you lie down and switch off the lights or lie awake counting sheep?
130. Can you draw a convincing stick man?
131. Can you count backward from 100 in 30 seconds?
132. Which of your friends is the best at maths?
133. Which of your friends is the best football player?
134. Can you tell the difference between a German Frankfurter sausage and an English banger?
135. What do pizza and pasta have in common?
136. Which two countries are the richest, in your opinion?
137. How do you think humans came to write and speak specific languages?
138. Can you spot a storm coming from a mile away? If so, how?
139. Would you ever go and hike an active volcano just for fun?
140. In your opinion, how much money is too much money to have in the bank?
141. Where do you think the Sun goes when it sets on the horizon?
142. Do you think that it would be better if humans traded goods or only used digital currencies?
143. Which cuisine do you think is the best (Italian, Indian, French, Spanish, Mexican, etc.), and why?
144. Can you eat very spicy food – or even a whole chilli?
145. Which of your friends would sweat, turn red, and cry if they ate spicy food?
146. Which is scarier – a thunderstorm or a zombie apocalypse?
147. Which is your least favorite school subject, and why?
148. Do you know how to tie a pretty bow?
149. Which is your favorite toy, and why?
150. Which is your favorite takeaway – McDonald’s or Wendy’s?
Usually, asking stupid questions is frowned upon! However, a few silly, stupid questions can actually be exactly the break kids need from a busy day at school!
Check out these other great posts!
100 Funny Unanswerable Questions That You Just Can’t Guess!
The Complete List of Extracurricular Activities for Kids
100 Challenging Sports Trivia Questions With Answers