If you have a daughter she might be just as obsessed with unicorns as mine, so we thought we would share some of our favorite unicorn crafts for kids. Kids love crafts, especially easy crafts for kids.
These crafts range from beginners to more advanced crafters. So no matter what crafting ability your kids have, they will have a blast making these unicorn crafts.
Unicorn Toilet Tubes
- Toilet paper roll
- Paint (any color you want your unicorn)
- Pink paint
- Foam sheet that matches your paint of choice and gold glitter felt
- Black Sharpie
- Rainbow colored yard
I love that unicorn toilet tubes are a project for kids of all ages. Your kids will have a blast creating these and how great that they are using toilet paper rolls!
- To begin, you will want to paint your toilet paper roll the color of your choice for your unicorn.
- Let this dry.
- While drying you can cut your yarn for the tail and the mane. For the tail, you will cut several stands about 4 inches long (or whatever length you would like.
- Then you will grab an additional piece of yarn and tie all the cut strings together about ¾ inch from the top.
- Once bound together set aside.
- You will repeat this process with the mane. You will want the length of those strings to be about 2 inches.
- Bind together.
- Next, it is time to attach your unicorn hair to the top of your dried toilet paper tube.
- Attach with glue. Be sure the bound end is inside the roll.
- Next, you will attach the tail the same way at the bottom on the back of the tube.
- Using the foam that matches your unicorn to make ears for your unicorn and attach on either side of the mane.
- Draw on your unicorn face.
- Lastly, use the pink paint to pain Unicron cheeks on to the unicorn. You can use a pink marker if you want as well.
- You kids can create a whole unicorn toilet tubes family with this fun unicorn craft for kids.
- Flat rocks
- Paint for the rocks or pens that you can use on rocks
Do your kids love painting rocks? If so this unicorn craft is for them.
- To make these you will first find some flat rocks.
- Then you will draw unicorn faces and horns onto the rocks. My kids love to great a whole unicorn rock family when we do this project together.
- ½ c of white glue
- ½ c foaming shaving cream
- ½ tsp borax powder
- 1 c water
- Blue, pink, and yellow neon food coloring. This is important so that your slime does not turn brown.
If you have kids that love slime, then making unicorn slime will be a real treat for them to make. As a bonus, it only takes about 5 minutes. To find how to make unicorn slime, be sure to use this recipe.
Who says crafts can’t be eaten right? Your kids will love creating unicorn bark with you in the kitchen.
- To begin you will want to melt the chocolate according to the directions. Usually, this requires a little bit of oil.
- Once melted, you will want to add some pink food coloring and swirl it into the chocolate. Be sure to not mix it in. Once swirled into the chocolate add some blue and swirl this in as well.
- Place your parchment paper in the 13x 9 pan.
- Pour the chocolate in the pan and carefully smooth out with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with your rainbow sprinkles and let harden.
- Once the chocolate becomes hard you can break it into pieces and enjoy a truly magical treat.
Paper Plate Unicorn Mask
Creating a paper plate unicorn mask in our house is a favorite activity. The great thing about this unicorn craft for kids is that everytime you create it you can make them different!
- Take your white paper plate and with your scissors cut the center of your paper plate out. This hole should be big enough for your child’s head.
- Now take your glue stick and use the center of the plate you just cut out from the plate and cut them into your unicorn’s ears and glue to the top.
- Next cut out some pink pieces of paper to be the inner part of your unicorn’s ears.
- Using your gold glitter paper, cut out a large unicorn horn. The bigger the better!
- Glue your glitter horn in between the ears.
- Last place your popsicle stick and glue it to the bottom of your plate.
Once your mask has fully dried you can now start having hours of fun with your newly made unicorn masks!
Unicorn Paper Plate
- White paper plate
- Paint (color of your choice)
- Foam Paper that is the same color of your paint
- Pink foam paper
- Glitter foam paper
- Small flowers
- A small bit of fur
- Black sharpie
Another great unicorn craft for kids is this simple unicorn paper plate craft.
- To begin you will want to paint your paper plate the color of your choice and set aside.
- While drying, take your foam and cut out two unicorn ears.
- Next, cut the pink foam for the inner part of the ear.
- Glue to the ears.
- Cut out two small circles for the cheeks.
- Once the plate has dried, attach the ears with glue or craft glue.
- With your glitter foam paper cut out your unicorn horn.
- Glue this in between the ears.
- Glue your fur at the top of the plate by the ears.
- Next, attach the flowers between the ears.
- Draw on the unicorn eyes.
- Glue on the pink circles.
- And there you have the cutest unicorn paper plate craft.
There you have it! The best unicorn crafts for kids. What unicorn crafts do your kids love making? Share in the comments!
Check out these other great posts!
- 64 Attractive Egyptian Names For Boys With Meanings
- 57 Cool Hunter Names For Boys And Girls
- 81 Unique Edgy Names With Meanings
- 44 Letter X Words For Kids
- 48 Unique Mixed Boy Names With Meanings