Are your kids the biggest Harry Potter fans and you are looking for some fun Harry Potter crafts for kids to do with them? If so here are some fun crafts for your Harry Potter fans to help bring the magical world into your home.
You will have a fun time watching them make some of these crafts and might even find yourself right there beside them making your own butterbeer lip balm. While you are crafting be sure to throw in some Harry potter riddles as well.
The Best Harry Potter Crafts for Kids
Harry Potter Rock Painting
This is a great harry potter craft that the whole family can do together. Let everyone be inspired by their favorite Harry Potter Character and put some smiles on their faces as they see the finished product!
How to paint Harry Potter rocks
- Wash and dry your rocks well to remove any dirt left on the rocks.
- Take a pencil and lightly draw on your desired design. Keep it simple. You can easily draw a scarf or a pair of glasses onto the rock and it will still look awesome!
- Once you have completed your pencil design use a black fabric marker or paint pen to fill in the outlines, allow it to dry.
- Use paint and fill in the design with color. Once you are completely finished and the paint has dried use mod podge to seal the design onto the rock.
Your kids can give these out as gifts to their other Harry Potter loving friends or they can hide them around town to bring joy to others who find them.
Harry Potter Butterbeer Lip Balm
Making your own lip balm is super easy. This butterbeer lip balm smells super yummy and is the perfect craft for any Harry Potter girl fan.
- 5-6 Butterscotch Morsels
- 1 tablespoon Beeswax pellets
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1-2 drops Vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lip balm containers
To make butterbeer lip balm:
- Stir together the beeswax, coconut oil, and butterscotch morsels to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once you remove from the microwave give it a stir.
- Continue to microwaves in 10-second increments until completely melted.
- When it has completely melted add in the vitamin E oil and vanilla extract.
- Lastly add in the brown sugar and stir well to distribute.
- Pour Into your lip balm containers and allow to cool completely before using.
Enjoy your newly made butterbeer lip balm!
DIY Harry Potter Wands for Kids
These wands for kids are super simple to make and the best part about this craft is that you can make each one unique.
You will need the following supplies:
To make a DIY Harry Potter Wand:
- Take your dowel rod and paint it brown. Allow it to dry.
- Next, glue a large bead to one end of the dowel rod to create the end of the handle.
- Use your glue gun and make designs on your stick and allow them to dry. You can place your dowel rod into the styrofoam ball to allow it to dry.
Get creative and let your kids have fun and make the wand they feel best fits their Harry Potter house.
Golden Snitch Mini Pen
- A BIC pen with removable ink inside of the pen
- Hot glue gun
- Gold paint/spray paint gold
- White paint
- Parchment paper
How to make Golden Snitch Mini Pen:
- Remove the ink from inside a pen.
- Snip the pen around an inch from the tip.
- Then hot glue the end to seal the ink inside the tube.
- While the glue is drying on the top run the glue horizontally on the sides to help thicken the pen for easier holding purposes.
- As the glue dries, keep rotating the hot glue around the tip around and around until it forms a large solid ball.
- Using parchment paper make two wings out of hot glue.
- Once they have dried peel them off the parchment paper and shape to your liking.
- Paint the wings white with your white paint.
- Spray paint the pen gold. You can paint this as well.
- Once everything is dry, glue the wings on, one on the right and one on the left.
There you have a Mini Pen Golden Snitch to start writing in your spellbook or journal!
Harry Potter House Scarves
These no-sew scarves will make your Harry Potter fan feel just like they are in Hogwarts. With just a few materials you will have a Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw scarf in no time!
Materials Needed to make a new sew Harry Potter House scarves
How to make a Harry Potter House scarf:
- Start by cutting two 6” x 36” strips of felt. Choose the color depending on your house color choice.
- Glue the ends to connect them with hot glue making it one long scarf
- Next, cut your second house color of felt the same as step 1.
- You will cut the second house color into smaller strips
- Glue your smaller strips onto the larger fabric.
- Take the ends and cut 6 inches up across the bottom making the fringe
With these simple steps, you will have your own Harry Potter House Scarf to proudly wear.
Harry Potter Spellbook Journals
In less than 15 minutes your kid can have their own Harry Potter Spellbook to add their own spells to as they bring the wizarding world of Harry Potter into your home! Not much is needed to complete this craft.
Materials needed to make Harry Potter Spellbook Journal
How to make a Harry Potter Spellbook Journal
- Cover your notebook with your choice of colored construction paper.
- Cut to the size of the notebook.
- Glue the piece of construction paper to the cover of your notebook.
- Cut a strip of paper and write Spell Book on it.
- Glue your title to the book.
- Add your own accent pieces to the front cover. Think of creating some paper wands, and lightning bolts to the cover.
DIY Harry Potter Glasses
What Harry Potter loving kid doesn’t want their own Harry Potter glasses? So grab the few items needed and you will have one happy kid by the time they have completed this craft!
Materials Needed for DIY Harry Potter Glasses:
How to make Harry Potter Glasses
- Draw the outline of the glasses rims onto the black cardstock.
- Cut them out.
- Punch a hole in both sides to thread the pipe cleaners in.
- Shape the pipe cleaners to fit over the ears.
Your kids have now just created the best Harry Potter glasses.
Have fun making Harry Potter Crafts with your kids and bringing Harry Potter into your home. What Harry Potter crafts do your kids like creating? Share in the comments.
Check out these great posts!
- 11 Fun Dance Games for Kids
- 30+ Short Child Poem to Memorize
- How to Win Your Wife Back? | 20+ Surefire Ways That Work
- 15 Educational Games to Play on Zoom with Students
- 1st Birthday Wishes For Niece from Uncles and Aunts