The air is getting crisper and the days are getting shorter which can only mean one thing, Halloween is on its way! To celebrate we are sharing some of our favorite Halloween crafts for kids! If you are looking for fall crafts or pumpkin crafts we have those too!
Halloween Crafts for Kids
Pom Pom Ghosts
- White paint
- Construction paper (any color, but white)
- Large pom pom ball
- Black construction paper (for the ghost face)
Ghosts don’t always have to be scary. In fact, these ghosts are just downright cute! These pom pom ghosts are perfect as a preschool art project.
- To begin you will want to grab all your supplies.
- You will want to draw or trace the shape of your ghost on your piece of paper.
- Then you will connect your pom pom ball to the end of your clothespin.
- Next, dip your pom pom ball into the white paint.
- Then have your child dab the pom pom ball in the ghost that you traced.
- Once they have dabbed their ghost as much as they want, sit aside and let it dry.
- After it is dry, have them cut out a ghost mouth and eyes and glue it on the ghost!
This is such an easy and fun project for younger kids!
Paper Bag Monsters
If you want your kids to really express their creativity these paper bag monsters are a perfect way!
- Grab some paper bags and let your kids begin decorating them. This can include painting, drawing on, or cutting paper and gluing it onto the paper bag.
- Encourage them to make eyes, teeth, tongues, horns, or whatever other features they want their monster to have.
- Once they are done, let the glue dry and then let them have a monster puppet show with their paper bag monsters.
The best thing about this Halloween craft for kids is that there is no wrong way to make these paper bag monsters.
Candy Corn Tissue Paper Craft
This candy corn tissue papercraft is an easy fun project for kids of all ages.
- First, you will want to trace a giant-sized candy corn on your white piece of paper.
- Next, draw two lines horizontally in your candy corn (just like the candy corn candy.
- Cut out your candy corn.
- Cut your tissue paper into small squares.
- Then dip one piece of tissue paper at a time into the glue sticking it in the right section of the candy corn. (Orange on the bottom, yellow in the middle, and white on the top)
- Once you have covered your candy corn in tissue paper you now have a candy corn tissue paper decoration to display on the fridge.
- Black construction paper
- Green and orange construction paper
This is a great simple Halloween craft for kids. With just a few simple steps they will have a cute witch hat to pin up on the wall or fridge.
- Begin by cutting 1 ½ inches off the bottom of the black construction paper. Set aside.
- With the remaining black paper, cut a big triangle in the black paper. This will be the top of the hat.
- Glue the rectangle to the bottom of the hat.
- Next, have your kids cut stripes or dots (whatever they want really) to decorate their witch hat.
- Let them glue these onto their witch hat.
Tin Can Bowling
If your kids are looking for Halloween crafts for kids that are dual-purpose, this is the perfect project. The best thing about this project is that it is used from recycled materials and most of the items you have on hand.
- To begin you will need to gather 10 empty cans that are all the same size.
- Rinse, clean, and dry these cans really well.
- Next, have your kids decide how they will decorate their cans. Will they make all pumpkins, some mummies, so ghosts, etc.
- Have them color the base of the can the color for what they decide.
- After they have painted them, let them dry.
- Next have them paint or use markers to draw on the final details of the cans such as faces, wrapping the mummy in toilet paper, etc.
- Once the cans are dry your kids can stack 4 cans on the bottom, 3 on top of that, 2 and then one to make a tin can bowling game.
Your kids will have hours of fun playing with these. This is of course best played outside because crashing cans might get kind of loud!
If you want a project that will last or a craft that you can give to someone these pumpkin pots are a great idea.
- To begin you will want to grab some terracotta pots. If you are making a pumpkin pot family, then grab some that are all different sizes.
- After you have your pots you will want to paint them orange and let dry.
- Once they are dry, you will want to pain with the black pain faces onto the pots. These can be silly or scary, whatever you decide! Set aside to dry.
- Next, add soil to the pots, then add seeds or the plant.
Now you have cute pumpkin pots to display in the yard or let your kids give them to friends and neighbors. I guarantee they will love this project!
Coffee Filter Ghost Lollipop
If you are looking for an edible and quick Halloween craft for kids this is it! There is no drying time and the whole project takes less than 5 minutes.
- To begin, you will want to take 2 coffee filters and cover the top of the lollipop with them.
- Secure it in place with a tiny rubber band.
- Tie your thin ribbon on top of the rubber band.
- Draw on your ghost face.
- Fluff the ghost body (coffee filters)
There you have it! The most simple Halloween craft for kids that they will love!
What Halloween crafts do your kids love to make! Share with us in the comments!