Are you looking for a super fun way for yourself to engage your children or your family members with the Bible? How about a lovely, exciting game of Bible charades???
We live in an era where there are plenty of distraction around. Owing to technology, most people are either always looking at their phones or watching a movie on their laptops or iPad. The same goes for your kids, who are engaged in the virtual world in some way or another.
In between all these situations, how can a parent educate their kids about the Bible?
Teaching your children about the Bible can certainly be quite challenging at times. Engaging in family devotions and learning about the Word together can sometimes feel a bit stagnant. Bible studies with peers may feel like you’re stuck in a rut. It’s understandable, because since you have been doing it regularly, you may have fallen into somewhat of a routine without you even realizing it.
Your time together – with your kids, your family, or your peers – studying the Word of God may feel like you’re in a slump from time to time. So you may find yourself trying to think of ways to make God’s Word and the Bible come alive once again. And this is good to get everyone excited and involved to learn more, embrace seeking His Word, and look forward to personal time with God.
A wonderful way to reinvigorate and reengage your children or family with the Bible is by taking part in a classic game that we all know and love: Charades! But not just any charades — Bible charades. Bible charades is an awesome way to teach others about the Bible and connect with them to have fun together at the same time. It’s the perfect solution for those seeking ways to have fun with children while learning about the Word of God.
Playing Bible charades together is a delightful way to help them learn about God. It’s a stellar way to deepen your knowledge and understanding of God’s Word together. As you play, you’ll be able to discuss and talk about the terms you encounter in Bible charades, and that’s a very effective and super fun way to enhance everyone’s knowledge.
The best Bible charades cover a wide array of topics — from the Old Testament to the New Testament, standout characters, Inspirational Bible verses, and everything in between. It’s a win-win for everyone because you all get to have a ton of laughter and fun while knowing more about the Bible and the Lord.
Check out our list of best Bible charades and brighten up each and every Bible study or devotional aspect with your kids, family, or even peers!
Bible Charades: How to Play?
Bible charades are played basically like classic charades. Before you begin, prepare your list of best Bible charades topics and words to use for the game. Cut them up into little cards and place them all in a basket. Ready? Okay, now here’s what to do next:
- Divide up into teams.
- Once the teams have been established, start by choosing a teammate from one team who will draw the first Bible charades card from the basket.
- The teammate will act out what is written on the card, and his or her team will try to guess what he or she is trying to enact (no words allowed!) within a certain period of time.
- If the team is not able to guess within the time given, the other team can try to guess the Bible charades word or phrase.
- Whichever team guesses correctly get the point.
- Each team and teammate within the team takes a turn at drawing from the basket and acting out a Bible charade term.
Bonus Read: How To Play Charades With Kids
Bible Charades: A Teaching Moment
As we mentioned earlier, the best Bible charades cover a wide range of topics from the Bible. This game is a superb way to learn more about God’s word with the terms you all encounter while playing. You can even make it more like a teaching moment by incorporating one simple thing. After each topic is drawn from the basket and guessed correctly, why not pause for a moment. Teach them more about the card that was drawn by referencing the verses where the topic can be found? It’s an easy and organic way to learn more while having a blast together.
Best Bible Charades: Events And Stories Drawn From The Old Testament
Test your Old Testament knowledge and try to have everyone guess these very important moments from the Bible.
- “God creates the sun, moon and stars.”
- “God creates the trees.”
- “God creates the fish.”
- “The garden of eden.”
- “Adam/Eve eat the forbidden fruit.”
- “Noah builds the ark.”
- “Noah puts the animals on the ark.”
- “Building the tower of Babel.”
- “Moses is put in a basket among the rushes.”
- “Pharaoh’s daughter finds Moses and raises him as her son.”
- “Moses sees the burning bush.”
- “Plague of frogs in Egypt.”
- “Plague of flies in Egypt.”
- “Israel passes through the Red Sea on dry ground.”
- “The Lord sends manna (bread) from heaven.”
- “The Lord sends quail to the Israelites.”
- “Poisonous snakes bite the Israelites.”
- “Moses tells the people to look at the staff with the snake to be healed.”
- “Gideon’s fleece”
- “Moses parting the water.”
- “Aaron makes a golden calf to worship.”
- “Israelites march around Jericho, then blow their horns and the walls fall down.”
- “The donkey talks to Balaam.”
- “Abraham sacrifices Isaac.””Jacob sees a vision of a ladder.”
- “Joseph has a coat of many colors.”
- “Joseph is sold into Egypt.”
- “Pharaoh has a dream of 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine.”
- “Ruth stays with her mother-in-law, Naomi.”
- “Ruth harvests the left-over corn in the fields.”
- “The Lord calls to the young boy Samuel.”
- “David slays Goliath.”
- “King Solomon decides who is the mother of a baby.”
- “Naaman dips himself in the river Jordan 7 times to be healed.”
- “Esther invites the king and Hammond to a banquet.”
- “Samson has his hair cut and loses his strength.”
- “Samson pulls down the building walls.”
- “Moses hits the rock and water comes out.”
- “Moses holds up his arms and the Israelite army wins.”
- “Moses receives the Ten Commandments.”
- “Do not kill.”
- “Do not covet.”
- “Do not make any graven images (idols).”
- “Do not steal.”
- “Honor your father and your mother.”
- “Daniel chooses not to eat the King’s rich food.”
- “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego refuse to worship the idol and are thrown in the furnace.”
- “Daniel prays in spite of the law and is caught.”
- “Daniel is cast into the Lion’s den.”
- “Jonah is swallowed by a great fish.”
- “Noah’s family and all the animals in the ark floating safely on the water.”
- “The Lord showing Enoch a vision of everything that would happen on earth.”
- “The people of Zion believing Enoch and repenting.”
- “Hagar having faith in the Lord and obeying the angel.”
- “Hagar having her baby and naming him Ishmael.”
Best Bible Charades: Events and Stories Drawn From the New Testament
From the Old, we move on to the New. These incredibly significant events from the New Testament will get everyone thinking and remembering the magnificent time when Jesus walked the Earth.
- “Wise men follow the star to find the child Jesus.”
- “Joseph flees with Mary and Jesus to Egypt.”
- “John the Baptist baptises Jesus.”
- “Parable of the sower.”
- “Jesus feeds five thousand with five loaves and two fish.”
- “Jesus walks on the water.”
- “Parable of the laborers in the vineyard.”
- “Jesus casts out devils and the devils enter a herd of pigs.”
- “A woman touches Jesus’ clothes and is healed.”
- “Jesus opens the eyes of the blind man.”
- “Jesus heals the man who could not walk. “
- “Jesus rides the donkey into Jerusalem.”
- “Jesus cleanses the temple.”
- “Jesus curses the fig tree.”
- “Parable of the candle under a bushel.”
- “Jesus counsels the rich, young man.”
- “Story of the widow’s mite.”
- “The angel tells Zacharias that he will have a son and he should name him John.”
- “Parable of the ten virgins.”
- “Parable of the talents.”
- “Jesus cleanses the leper.”
- “Peter denies knowing Christ three times.”
- “The tomb is empty.”
- “Jesus is risen again.”
- “The resurrected Christ appears to Mary and others.”
- “Elisabeth and Zacharias obeying the commandments of God.”
- “Gabriel meeting Zacharias.”
- “Jesus being brought to the temple in Jerusalem.”
- “Simeon seeing Christ at the temple.”
- “Herod getting furious over hearing that Jesus would become the king someday.”
Best Bible Charades: More Events and Stories Drawn From the New Testament
His mercy is great, and so is His love for us. Learn more – and rack up those charades points! 0 with even more incredible moments from the New Testament that tell of Jesus’ love and sacrifice for man.
- “The angel tells Mary she will have a baby and he will be Jesus Christ.”
- “Angels appear to the shepherds to tell of baby Jesus’s birth.”
- “Young Jesus is found teaching at the temple in Jerusalem.”
- “Joseph and Mary try to find an inn to stay the night.”
- “Baby Jesus is wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger.”
- “Shepherds come to the stable to see the baby Jesus.”
- “The devil tempts Jesus to turn a stone into bread.”
- “The soldiers cast lots to see who gets Jesus’s clothing.”
- “Thomas feels the wounds in Jesus’s hands, feet and side.”
- “Judas agrees to betray Jesus for thirty pieces of silver.”
- “An angel delivers Peter and John from prison.”
- “Stephen is stoned to death.”
- “Jesus appears to Paul on the road to Damascus.”
- “Paul is shipwrecked.”
- “Parable of the good Samaritan.”
- “Parable of the lost sheep.”
- “Parable of the prodigal son.”
- “Parable of the sheep and the goats.”
- “Parable of the rich man and Lazarus.”
- “Christ teaches that the first commandment is to love God.”
- “Christ teaches that the second commandment is to love others.”
- “Jesus washes the feet of his disciples.”
- “A crown of thorns is put on Jesus’s head.”
- “Herod asking his men to kill all the babies in Bethlehem as well as the places nearby.”
- “Christ and his disciples going for a wedding feast in Cana.”
- “Jesus turning water into wine.”
- “The devil visiting Jesus in the wilderness and asking him to prove that He is the Son of God.”
- “Nicodemus coming to talk to Jesus.”
Best Bible Charades: Passages From the Bible
With these passages from the Bible, not only will you have a fun time challenging each other, you’ll learn His word at taking it to heart as well.
- “And God said, let there be light.”
- “True saints give to the poor.”
- “God loves and rewards a cheerful giver.”
- “Bear one another’s burdens.”
- “Depart from evil and do good.”
- “Put on the whole armor of God.”
- “No man can serve two masters.”
- “Jesus wept.”
- “Do not speak evil of any man.”
- “I am the vine, you are the branches.”
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- “Seek ye first the kingdom of God.”
- “For God so loved the world.”
- “The Ark of the Covenant”
- “Love is patient, love is kind.”
- “You are the light of the world.”
- “Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find.”
- “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.”
- “God is love.”
- “Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.”
- “They are new every morning: Great is thy faithfulness.”
- “I love you, LORD; you are my strength.”
- “And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You.”
- “Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.”
Best Bible Charades: People From The Bible
The Bible is full of strong, complex, and admirable characters who have all been touched by the Lord and His word.
- Adam and Eve
- Jacob and Esau
- Abraham and Sarah
- Samson and Delilah
- Mary Magdalene
- Cain and Abel
- The Three Kings
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Teaching new things is a task that parents have to take on for their children, whether it’s about religion or any other topic. The same is the case when it comes to exploring the values and principles you wish to instill in them.
However, learning doesn’t always have to be boring. Through charades, you can teach your child about the Biblical times more than you can imagine.
Charades is a game that is beloved by countless people. Chances are, your little ones or your family are also fans of this classic staple. So it’s no wonder that Bible charades are a welcome addition to your Bible study time together. It is a wonderful way for everyone to learn more about His Word whilst having a lot of fun.